Flashing - Basically the same as installing or modifying firmware that is stored protected by flash memory in a device. Flashing OS is a way to enter operating system data or install the operating system and kernel in our Android handset. Simply put, flashing is the process of inserting firmware into the computer. Flashing memory allows many memory locations to be deleted and written in one operating system. It can also be interpreted as a memory chip that can be written, unlike RAM memory chips (Random Access Memory), this memory can store data without the need for electricity. The usual memory installed in the Android system. this concerns the death of an android device.
Firmware is software or can be called a fixed program, which is embedded in Android hardware, bro. There is no clear limit to separating Firmware and Software, this is because both are descriptive terms which means quite broad. Broadly speaking, the firmware is almost the same as the operating system on Android, as you know that on Android there is no operating system, it won't give you anything, because it's not able to run the command from its users, as well as Firmware. This firmware can automatically repair itself when there are functional problems.
When we flash custom ROMs on our Android handsets, in the custom ROM itself the kernel is already available, and sometimes the kernel has been modified. But there are some handsets that don't yet provide custom kernels. There are several handsets whose bootloaders are locked by the handset company, so we can only change the operating system, without being able to change the kernel. For DHD, the bootloader is not locked, so we can freely flash the kernel. When we are interacting with an application we actually command the kernel to control the hardware. If you modify optimized kernels such as work (CPU, memory, audio, graphics, videos, etc.)
ROM stands for Read-Only-Memory is read-only, which technically refers to the storage media of a device that contains files from the operating system, which actually does not need to be changed, as long as the operation is still normal. There is also the term Stock ROM and Custom ROM. Stock ROM is the original ROM / carry ROM from Android itself. While the Custom ROM is a ROM that has been modified its contents according to the needs of the Custom ROM maker. When talking about smartphones and tablets, the term ROM refers to the firmware stored in the gadget's internal memory. The internal memory in question is different from the internal memory where the application or data is generally stored.
The kernel is the core system that is the heart of the operating system. The operation that is run by the operating system is processed by the kernel. Diandroid kernel can also be modified and will certainly bring benefits to the operating system or Custom ROM itself. Usually, people develop the kernel according to the custom ROM. We cannot replace our kernel with another kernel that is not recommended by custom ROM makers.
- Improve features that are vendor weaknesses. Infected vendor default features are not good for example in the vendor default feature we are required to activate the internet network by going to Settings but if using Custom ROM this is made easier by providing a widget turn on / off in the status bar.
- Changing the look of Android becomes more interesting. This is very often complained about by Android users, because the appearance of Android from vendors is less attractive, we can actually use a number of launchers that have a more attractive UI but the display on the application launcher does not function as the main display, meaning the launcher application is not the original home display.
- Make the wearer more friendly. Sometimes a Stock ROM provided by a vendor does not provide a satisfying service, so one of the functions that causes a Custom ROM.
- Increase a little ability so that the performance of Android becomes faster. If the boss has a slow Android, maybe this is the answer.
- Reduce some bugs for vendors. Sometimes bugs in Stock ROM are the things we are most upset about, but the presence of Stock ROM is indeed very beneficial for one of them.
- Eliminate the Android smartphone warranty. This is what all of you have to think about, we must be absolutely sure of the risks we will receive.
- Shorten the life of Android, bro. If you already feel rich, then you can keep trying to do it.
- The advantages can be a bug over time. But this includes rare. This includes the cases that I have experienced, first of all there are many advantages, but in the long run the superiority has become a number of bugs. Maybe you also experience it.
- The quality update feature is not too good. The update feature is not of very good quality compared to the default ROM, just try the music features and the camera that is not so satisfying even though the update.
- The function of some parts of the device will be lost or can not be used after you install some of the modified ROM types, not before you use the original Firmware or Stock ROM.